Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety
Safety Manager (Central Region, Traveling)
About the Job
We are seeking talented individuals to assist in the development, management, and implementation of a Health and Safety Program for all of Dennis Group’s projects. This position requires knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety management, accident investigation and training in the construction industry. The professional will be a member of our safety department and his/her responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in developing and implementing health and safety program.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and coordinating health and safety training and activities.
- Must be familiar with federal, state and local safety laws to ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations.
- Perform construction job site safety inspections, maintain files, and conduct special studies and investigations related to safety and health for the company.
- May be required to act as full-time on site safety coordinator for projects as required.
- Assist in the development of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of the Company.
- Prepare OSHA and other government required reports as needed.
- Compile incident rate data on injuries, accidents, etc.
- Prepare and deliver safety toolbox talks and safety training topics for contractors
- Prepare, implement and enforce Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Activities Hazard Analysis (AHAs).
- Attend and prepare safety actions for pre-construction conferences, pre-work meetings including inspection meetings, and periodic in-progress project meetings.
- Review safety programs with client representatives and governmental agencies
- Conduct and document Jobsite Safety Observations
- Review subcontractor safety pre-qualification submittal
- Work with Construction Managers and Sr Safety Managers to establish job site safety procedures and policies during initial project mobilization and as needed during the project.
- Investigate accidents, determine “root causes”, and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Prepare and distribute data reports of accident and incident metrics, such as OSHA recordable and LT rates.
- Assist other Safety Managers, Construction Managers, and Project Managers with health and safety issues as needed.
- Educate and provide training and support to all levels of The Dennis Group personnel on accident/injury prevention procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety, risk management, or construction is required.
- OSHA training and/or other safety certifications strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel to job sites throughout North America as required. Travel is estimated to be 75%+, unless stationed on a jobsite (first 6 months of employment - training).
- 4+ years of internship or work experience (construction) is strong preferred
- Candidates that are enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in health and safety will be considered for internship opportunities.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Sound judgment and independent decision making required.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.