Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety
Field Engineer (Southwest Region, Traveling)
About the Job
The Field Engineer role is a pivotal part of our design-build project execution team. Our projects are complex and require a significant amount of coordination to be successful. As a traveling Field Engineer you will interact frequently with our project managers and engineering staff and typical responsibilities will include:
- Project accounting, budgeting and cost management
- Managing third-party relationships
- Preparing and managing project bid packages
- Preparing and administering third-party agreements
- Procuring project services and equipment
- Preparing and maintaining project reports and logs
- Developing and maintaining project schedules
- Preparing permit applications
- Coordinating project close-out activities
- Promoting continuous and productive communication between project participants including internal and external clients and partners
Our projects are located throughout the United States and Canada and this is a partially site-based position. Projects typically last from 3 to 12+ months. Meal and lodging per diems are provided along with reasonable travel provisions. Up to 100% overnight travel is required based on project needs.
Successful Field Engineers at Dennis Group are highly organized, professional, self-motivated, and energetic individuals with excellent communication and inter-personal skills. In addition, you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 4 months to 3 years of internship or full time field engineer / construction management / superintendent work experience on industrial or commercial construction projects
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- An ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Willing to travel over 75% - must
- Direct experience working for a Construction, Engineering or Architectural firm preferred
- Familiarity with MS Project, as well as Deltek, Viewpoint and Timberline are a plus.
- All new hires should expect to spend some time in both the office and the field during their first 18 months for training and development purposes.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics