Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety
Construction Manager (Western Region, Traveling)
About the Job
We are seeking talented construction managers to help oversee industrial builds of food and beverage production facilities. Typical responsibilities include:
- Daily supervision of construction activities including coordination of subcontractors and site safety programs
- Working with project management on the developing and updating project scope, budget, and schedule
- Establishing and maintaining site safety procedures with our safety team
- Overseeing process, mechanical and utility equipment installations
- Permitting, code and regulatory approval
- Change order and general construction administration
- Coordination of field engineering
- Inspection coordination
- Supporting facility start up
- Managing third party testing and inspection
This role is client facing and you will need to work collaboratively with owners, subs, building officials, and our A/E team. Our projects are located throughout the United States and Canada and this is a site-based position. Projects typically last from 6 to 12+ months. Meal and lodging per diems are provided along with reasonable travel provisions. Up to 100% overnight travel is required based on project needs.
- You have a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible job site experience working on industrial building projects.
- 5+ years of Design-build experience (Strongly preferred)
- 5+ years of overseeing sub-contractors and driving the project schedule
- You have a fundamental understanding of all phases of construction and an ability to read and interpret construction documents, schedules, and budgets
- 5+ years of client interaction experience - strong technical, organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is a plus
- A bachelors degree in construction science, building science, construction engineering or a related field is strongly preferred
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.